Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back at it...

Ok, so about 4 months have passed since I started this blog so proudly and I am trying it again.  The beautiful Michigan summer is now over and we have moved into cold windy weather - BRRRRR!   I do love the fall but am not so happy about winter coming - but I am looking forward to the holidays!
I have started my Christmas shopping and am trying to get Sydney to decide what she wants for Christmas, which at 3 1/2 is quite difficult apparently.  But as I've been working on it, I've realized that she doesn't NEED anything and that I want to teach her that it's not about what you get, but what you GIVE.   That's a tough lesson to teach and learn.  Ok, moving on.
We went to Chicago this past weekend to celebrate my friend Lori's 29th birthday  - we went to Naperville and spent the night with the Dillers and then spent Friday night in the city shopping and eating and hanging out.  It was great.   I feel like we've finally settled into our life here in Michigan and have some really great, close friends.  That is a great feeling.

2 comments:

Zaniac said...

Good luck with your blog!

Zaniac said...

Check out my main blog called The Secret Wanderer and go on from there!